As you develop your social media presence, remember the 80/20 rule and try to keep your content 80 percent personal or special interest, and 20 percent real estate. By doing so, the audience has a chance to connect with you, not just the real estate side of you. Marketing with social media can be a daunting task—especially on multiple platforms—but these general rules will get you started:
- Be yourself, even when it’s messy. Done is better than perfect.
- Use video. We all hate being on camera, but show yourself.
- Be a local expert. The more you know, the better.
- Post good and fair replies to your base comments often. Important to engage.
- Use pictures and polls to engage your audience and encourage responses.
- When listing or showing, take pictures and record video of interesting things.
- Include local and community stories and news. Give value.
- Limit or omit religious, political or hot-button topics.
- Stay professional. Your social media channels are where most people will look to get a sense of who you are. Your digital imprint matters.
- Post regularly and make sure the content is relevant.
Is always a good idea to use a multi-platform posting service like Hootsuite to schedule posts in advance, and a design app for your marketing material like Canva. Most importantly remember to have fun!